YAKIMA CAR ACCIDENT LAWYERS
Your life can be turned upside down when you’re injured in a car accident. Medical bills and phone calls from insurance adjusters may seem overwhelming and endless. Often, victims are unable to work due to an injury sustained in the car accident. If you are currently recovering from an injury you sustained in a car accident, your focus should be on healing—not arguing with the insurance company about your settlement.
Hiring car accident lawyers can improve your chances of a successful settlement or jury verdict if you end up filing a lawsuit. Plus, our excellent attorneys and staff handle the heavy lifting to ensure you a positive result. This will allow you to focus on healing and getting your life back on track. Additionally, hiring Brumback and Ottem means you’ll never have to talk to an insurance adjuster again. For a complimentary assessment of your case call Brumback and Ottem Injury Law at 509-457-7777.
WHAT TO DO IN CASE OF AN AUTO ACCIDENT IN WASHINGTON STATE
Car accident insurance claims are a complex process, but there are a few steps you can take to protect your rights after a crash:
- DO NOT apologize or admit fault. It’s extremely important to avoid apologizing as it could be misconstrued as an admission of guilt. The insurance may use this against you later to affect your settlement.
- DO NOT take a quick settlement offer. Insurance companies may try to settle your claim quickly, even before the injuries or damages are fully known. Contact Brumback and Ottem Personal Injury Attorneys at 509-457-7777, before you sign anything. Our car accident lawyers will be able to assist you.
- DO focus on healing from your injuries. See a doctor as soon as you are able and continue treating until your medical provider is satisfied that you are as healed as possible. This is important because medical evidence is crucial to any car accident injury claim.
Source: WA Traffic Safety Commission
WHAT CAN I EXPECT FROM MY AUTO ACCIDENT CASE?
The compensation you are entitled to recover after being injured in a car accident is determined by the level of insurance coverage both you and the at-fault party carry. Bottom line—As long as there is enough coverage, claims can be made for the following types of damages:
- Medical Expenses. You are entitled to compensation for all medical costs related to the injuries you suffered in an automobile collision. This includes past and future medical care.
- Non-economic damages. Pain and suffering, loss of consortium, and emotional trauma are common forms of non-economic damages after a car accident.
- Lost Wages and Earnings. You may be able to receive compensation for wage loss based on how much you would have earned if you had not been injured in a car accident.
- Your insurance coverage. If you have Personal Injury Protection (PIP) or Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UM/UIM) coverage, your chances of being fairly compensated fully are much greater. Your own insurance company, however, may put up a fight over these benefits. Car accident lawyers can help you.
- At-fault Driver’s Insurance Coverage. Our legal team will investigate every possible avenue and source of recovery to ensure you’re appropriately compensated. If the at-fault drive carries low insurance limits, we may be able to identify other sources of recovery.
- Potential Litigation. Insurance companies want to avoid the risk of a jury awarding a large verdict to car accident victims. Our experienced trial attorneys can help you get the best possible settlement.
WHEN SHOULD YOU HIRE CAR ACCIDENT LAWYERS?
Insurance companies are notorious for being difficult to work with when it comes to car accident claims. For cases with high medical costs, wage loss, or any other damages, the process of a settlement can be arduous and complex. A car accident attorney can add value to your case by handling the demand process, medical bill payments, wage loss, etc.
Keep in mind, while attorneys can typically recover a better settlement than you can recover on your own, there are fees associated with hiring a lawyer. Brumback and Ottem Injury Lawyers are car accident lawyers that work on a contingency basis. That means fees are charged as a percentage of the successful settlement or jury verdict. You may find that even after paying attorney’s fees, the settlement amount may be higher when you use car accident lawyers than you could recover on your own.
SPEAK WITH ONE OF OUR EXPERIENCED CAR ACCIDENT LAWYERS TODAY
Most car accident victims don’t fully understand their legal rights. Our legal team, at Brumback and Ottem Injury Law, will help you focus on understanding the law, their own legal rights, and important aspects of the insurance claims process. If you need to speak to car accident lawyers, contact our firm today.
CONTACT BRUMBACK AND OTTEM INJURY LAW TEAM TODAY AND REQUEST A FREE LEGAL CONSULTATION, VIA THE CONTACT FORM ON THIS PAGE OR BY CALLING OUR YAKIMA OFFICE AT 509-457-7777.